Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Debunking the Myths About Mold in Seattle Properties
One of the most dangerous aspects of mold growth and microbial threats in your Seattlehome is how little property owners know and understand about the organism. There are common myths associated with mold that can mislead homeowners into undervaluing the severity of the situation and waiting longer than they should, to get the help that their structure needs. Some of these myths include:
Mold goes away on its own
Everyone deals with mold in their homes
Basements always have mold
Most varieties and species of mold are harmless
When you understand that each of these believed statements is false, you can start to appreciate the need for professional remediation and restoration for your affected homestead.
Remediation Can Help Protect Your Home
Mold removal might not be plausible or possible, considering that spores naturally exist in every environment of your Seattle home. When spores concentrate, and conditions exist to facilitate colonization, these microorganisms can become a threatening presence. Remediation seeks to eliminate colonies and to restore the damage that a spreading organism causes in your residence. Clearing colonization can rely on several approaches, including:
Antimicrobial Sprays and Products
Our technicians do not just stop with removing active colonies, however. We also seek to discover the cause of moist conditions and long-term solutions to prevent recurring mold growth. From controlled demolition and build back to content management, we can help you overcome mold.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (206) 282-9500
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Central Seattle?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (206) 282-9500
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Central Seattle is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are proud to provide mold remediation services in our local communities:
We are proud to serve our local communities: