What Do Disaster Recovery Professionals Mean When They Talk About Water Mitigation in Seattle?
Comprehensive Training and Adherence to Clear Communication Protocols are Why SERVPRO Crews Carefully Explain all Restoration Phases to Seattle Residents Stressed by Unexpected Water Damage Remediation Needs.
When a burst pipe or leaky roof demands attention in Seattle, water mitigation is a term you nearly always hear, perhaps for the first time. Unfortunately, even reputable emergency services providing water damage relief might seem like “fast talkers” to a stressed-out homeowner. Avoiding the appearance of impropriety is why SERVPRO places such an emphasis on explaining:
- The damage we observe
- The consequences of delaying or failing to “mitigate” the damage
- The steps we expect to complete while arresting the harm and moving towards SERVPRO’s signature goal to make it “Like it never even happened.”
What Is Water Mitigation and Why Does SERVPRO Address It Before Other Tasks?
Simply put, water mitigation is one or more strategies to halt ongoing water damage. Because water is incredibly corrosive, prompt mitigation is essential to the ultimate resolution of a broad range of water clean up issues caused by crises like basement flooding or leaking roofs from storms. Mitigation in a water-damaged home can include:
- Shutting off water supply lines
- Pack-up and removal of soaked home content
- Use of wanded professional-grade wet vacuums to create a dry zone around the perimeter of water incursion on carpeting
- Water removal services using submersible pumps and truck-mounted or portable extractors
- The use of controlled demolition to release trapped water
What Follows Water Damage Mitigation in Seattle Homes?
Water mitigation moves on to remediation and water damage repairs as the moisture diminishes. Achievement of the overarching idea of “restoration” is why SERVPRO’s customers reach out initially, but grasping that mitigation is part of a more extensive process helps residents allow the phases to follow in a logical and research-based progression.
Training, honesty, and integrity, plus top-of-the-line equipment are why SERVPRO of Central Seattle makes good on its promises to return a water-damaged home to safe and sanitary conditions. Contact us at (206) 282-9500 to initiate water damage mitigation and remediation.