Can Disaster Recovery Companies Help Seattle Residents with Flood Damaged Home Contents?
SERVPRO Puts Your Mind at Ease by Spotlighting Restoration of Your Flooded Seattle Household Possessions
Flood damage suffered by Seattle residential structures is the focus of homeowners bailing filthy water out after a storm. Fortunately, structural components bounce back well, sometimes with judicious use of controlled demolition.
Can SERVPRO Also Deliver Flood Remediation Success for
Furnishings, Household Goods, and Personal Possessions?
Our work crews attend the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) to master cleaning and disinfection strategies for a broad range of contents. We invest in state-of-the-art equipment and methods developed with flood-damaged articles in mind:
- Laundering facilities for soft items, including clothing, toys, textiles of all kinds
- Containment pods for safe cleaning and appropriate drying of larger items like furniture
- Immersion and ultrasonic tanks for efficacious cleaning of non-porous articles
- Freeze drying equipment for soaked documents and pictures
- Special techniques dedicated to thoroughly cleaning and drying sensitive and expensive to replace electronics
Why Does SERVPRO Suggest Pack-Outs for Flood-Damaged Seattle Homes?
The SERVPRO team frequently recommends moving furnishings, household goods, and personal possessions to our headquarters. The goal of a professional pack-out is two-fold:
- To expedite the water removal, cleaning, and drying of your home by “clearing the decks” of items otherwise needing repositioning and increasing humidity levels during structural drying
- To assess and provide specialized cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, and drying of the pack-out articles while documenting the process and cost to support insurance claims
How Does SERVPRO Accomplish a Successful Pack-Out?
Trained crew members wrap bulky furnishings to protect them from further harm and box up smaller items in an organized manner using our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS) resources. SERVPRO’s CCIS employs detailed lists, digital photographs, and barcoding to track the condition and location and manage the restoration of your packed-out property. The method supports an eventual reunion of your cleaned and dried house’s structure with the flood-damaged contents that make it a home, restored to their previous function and appearance.
Join with the SERVPRO of Central Seattle team to provide all your property with necessary emergency services. Water damage from storm flooding rapidly recedes after one call to (206) 282-9500.