Is it Healthy to Work in a Moldy Seattle Building?
Commercial Mold Remediation for Seattle Businesses Can Help Reduce Business Interruption. SERVPRO Technicians are Here to Help.
Are heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems causing mold?
Large offices and workspaces in Seattle generally control humidity or temperature with a central HVAC system. When working correctly, these systems help prevent mold spread by correcting moisture problems in the workplace. However, if an HVAC ceases to function appropriately, it can become a root cause for microbial organisms by transporting spores throughout the building. Mold causes health effects for workers and operators within a commercial building. Reducing a mold issue early on can prevent spreading and safeguard against potential business interruption. SERVPRO is an experienced provider for microbial growth control.
Who is responsible for correcting a microbial growth issue?
- Building managers must provide safe, sanitary conditions for a workforce in a commercial building.
- Custodians may be running a public building such as a school or library.
- Members of the workforce who have a responsibility to maintain the building's upkeep, such as janitorial staff.
What is mold remediation for?
Using commercial mold remediation technicians for your Seattle business helps control and eliminate unsanitary conditions in the workplace. Microbial organisms destroy the materials that they use to grow. Using professional services can prevent harm to structure and contents, save money, or avoid some of the health effects of microbes. Remediating a large space does require significant amounts of equipment. The more cubic feet of air in a room, the larger dehumidification equipment or psychrometric controls should be to correct the moisture problem. SERVPRO can mobilize equipment and staff quickly to recover your business with minimum interruption.
What commercial building maintenance can reduce mold growth?
- Regular inspections of structural areas such as roof leaks or landscaping that may direct moisture into the building
- Checking combustion appliances have adequate venting to transport warm, moist air from the property.
- Regular maintenance of an HVAC system
Commercial molds typically get worse over time and could cause permanent damage. Contact SERVPRO of Central Seattle at (206) 282-9500.
Click here for more information about Seattle.